Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cate and Friends

We took some new pictures this weekend so that we'd be able to keep everyone flush with pictures of Cate. We are here for you, the adoring public...



We are taking a poll on who you think Cate looks like in this picture:




That's me (dad) on the left:




It looks like she has some blonde hair in this picture, but she doesn't. It's got some red in it, but she will be a brunette with striking blue-eyes, with a figure to kill for, a personality like no other, and an innate ability to marry for money. Lots of it. Enough for her parents, too.




Even a fun-loving soul like Cate needs to get serious sometimes. In this picture, Maggie is reading some of Voltaire's work. Personally, I don't like him, but I want her to be well-rounded. Besides, it will take MONTHS before she can fully appreciate philosophers like Kant or Nietzsche.

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jen said...

I think she looks like Josh in the picture, but I could be wrong.

See you in a couple weks and where is my coffee??

Bruce Penman said...

Your coffee is coming! Actually, we mailed it via Priority Mail last night.

I am not particularly proud of ANY of the coffee you are getting, except for the... Wait... I can't remember what I sent you. I think I may have sent you some Yirgacheffe, but it might also be a Daterra Farms Yellow Bourbon. The Yirgacheffe would be Ethiopian Oromia FT (free trade). I can't remember what I roasted anymore!!! Sorry. The Yirgacheffe will be a smaller bean. I KNOW I send you some Kona (big bean). I am particularly not proud of the Kona, but you might like it. It all depends on your taste buds, but I know I can do much better on that.

Anyway... let me know what you like, and I'll send more.

If Andrea and Donna are reading this, yours is coming! I want Jen's opinion before I send to you guys. Jen drinks more coffee, so I know she'll get me some feedback right away.

Ciao for now!

Jen - I may have also sent you some Costa Rica Hacienda La Minita. Not sure. It should be labeled though.

Jen said...

Yeah for coffee. So was I right, is it Josh that Cate looks like?

Bruce Penman said...

We looked at baby pictures of Josh and Jess, and compared them to Cate. I don't think either kid looks much like her, believe it or not. I'll have to check again to see if Josh looks MORE like her than Jess did. That is a distinct possibility.

Make sure you keep me posted on which beans you like/don't like.

Andrea said...

I immediately thought JOSH, but that may be the quality of the smile more than anything else...

I only drink coffee. Well, coffee and water and once in awhile tea. I don't drink soda or iced tea, just coffee. So, you know, send it on!