Saturday, March 24, 2007

I have picked my Godparents!!!

It was very hard, and I took over ten months to come to this decision, but I have finally made my selections!

I have decided that I don't really need a Godfather. Why? Because I want my Dad to know that he is the ONLY MAN FOR ME!!! That's right! I have chosen TWO GODMOTHERS!!!


The selection was difficult, as there are many wonderful women in my life. But I had to decide, so I made a spreadsheet with several pivot tables and some really cool pie charts and a couple scatter plots. After all the tabulations were in, I chose one aunt and one cousin to be my Godparents. They are both devout Catholics, so I know that no matter what Jesus will be in my life (I mean, assuming that is what I choose as an adult - Okay Andrea?). They were both SO excited to find out. I am really happy to tell everyone that my Godparents are Jennifer Penman and Tatiana Penman. Jennifer is Bruce's baby sister, and since she doesn't have any kids yet, I know I'll be the MOST special niece for her! Tatiana is my Daddy's Goddaughter, and she wanted to be MY Godmother so badly that she would beg every time she talked to my Dad about me. So I know I will be her most special cousin! I am a very lucky girl to have two such wonderful and loving Godparents!

Thank you Jennifer and Tatiana for accepting this most special assignment!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

That picture of Jen with Cate turned out pretty darned well. Cate even looks ready for action.

And Godparents look beautiful with Cate!

I'm not worried, Bruce. I was brought up with both God AND Jesus in my life. I attended church, I even taught Sunday School! I sang in the choir. And I still turned out fine.

Seriously though, Cate has made fine choices. Two loving women to look out for her always.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the news, congrats Jen and Tati. When will Cate be baptized? Did Mom ever give Cate the clothes we got her? I hope they fit.

Cate looks like she is flying with Aunt Jennifer...whee....! David thought she might be getting ready to "tackle" someone. Watching football?

Talk to you soon, Donna

Andrea said...

Bruce didn't give the whole story - Jen and Tati were battling to be Godmama - so that's Jen making a football run with Cate, ready to tackle Tati who is about to block her... I'm just lazing on the floor watching the action.

David said...

Andrea! What an honor! Is that really you in the picture of Jen & Cate? You get to be Cate's God-legs!