Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Day At The Pool



My Mom takes me to the pool at the YMCA. There are lots of kids there, and some moms, too. Check out the one sitting behind me in this picture. Look quick before she notices I am taking the picture...


She's got a couple older kids with her. I'll bet she's watching my every move. Not only am I the best looking chick in this pool, I am also the fastest swimmer. Check this pose out:


I have a great start. No other kid (or adult) gets a start off the blocks like I do. I also think that my cool swim goggles help out A LOT. Speaking of equipment, my speedsuit is a little baggy. Mom has got to work on that. I am not exactly bulky, ya know? I need something a little more form-fitting.


I'll try to take more pics of me in the pool soon. My mom says I'll be walking full-time soon.


To be honest with you, I think I do JUST FINE crawling. I get around pretty good.

See ya later. I am off to my next event...





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cate,

It's not easy being an athlete, is it. Train, train, train. How come I don't look as cute getting out of the pool as you do?

Adorable!!

Aunt Donna

Bruce Penman said...

Aunt Donna, you couldn't be MORE right! I am DARN cute!

She is a real waterbug. She stands on the steps and leaps into the pool every chance she gets. Well, "leap" might be an exaggeration. Whatever it is, she has NO fear of the water. I am already throwing her up in the air and letting her dip all the way into the water. Maggie takes her to the pool at the YMCA almost every day, and now our pool is warm enough, so she'll really get some swimming in now.

She is SUCH A JOY.

We are so lucky to have such great kids!

Jen said...

such a cutie!