Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cate's FIRST Concert!!!

Mom and Cate are sitting outside at Desert Foothills Park, listening to some rock 'n roll. It was a lot of fun. Maggie made us a great picnic. The sandwiches were so good that everyone (except for me, cuz I helped) thought they were made by AJ's. Yeah, seriously.




I know this picture looks a lot like the previous picture, but can you ever have too much of a good thing? Not in this blog! Isnt' Maggie just GLOWING??? She just ran 12 miles not 10 minutes before this picture was taken. And she still had time to make a picnic basket for us all. Not pictured: Josh, Caroline & Sara (Caroline and Sara were scarce - they were dancing in the mosh pit. Josh stayed near his Papa, but didn't get in any pictures).




This was actually taken before we left. That is not a mountain behind Cate's head.

Shut up.

 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie, new motherhood really agrees with you, you look even prettier than before. Course RUNNING 12 MILES will put a glow in those cheeks...but, having such an adorable baby doesn't hurt either.

Sounds like you had a good time. I think Cate looks very much like Josh, in a girlie way of course!

I see the surgeon tomorrow so I'll get myself to bed...couldn't even walk 12 miles...maybe some day.

Donna

maggie said...

Thank you Donna.... I think the camera was just being extra kind this night.

You must be excited and nervous to meet with the surgeon tomorrow. This must mean he'll give you a date for surgery?? Keep us posted.

Bruce was being funny about the running 12 miles. I haven't been able to run in about a month. My lower back and hips are all screwed up. I was going to see a physical therapist, but that was making the situation worse rather than better. So, on Wed. I'm seeing a Physiatrist to see what the heck is up.
I swam today. My first swimming lesson. Swimming for fitness lesson anyway. I learned lots of good stuff. It felt good to be in the water. Better than I thought it would feel- but, geez it's a hard workout. Harder than running..
Cathryn has her 4 month check up tomorrow. We can compare Dr. stories.
Love,
Maggie

Bruce Penman said...

HELLO!!! Don't I look great in the picture with Cate (see below)???

I can be cute too, ya know.

Anonymous said...

Of course you look cute Bruce, I just thought Maggie looked extra pretty in that picture.

I saw the surgeon, all went well, and we are looking at the end of October for a surgery date. I will let you know as soon as they give me a firm date, it was all depending on the other two drs I saw that day and how fast they send their reports in.

My mom has been here for almost a month and we have finally gotten most of the boxes emptied and the rooms put together. I still have some painting to do, but, things are shaping up nicely. I think we have emptied about 150 boxes, put furniture together, and rearranged what we already had done. She goes home on Saturday. I will miss her greatly but it's pretty bad when I can hardly keep up with an 80-year-old!!!

talk to you soon, love, Donna (David says hi also)