Monday, September 04, 2006

Bonding: Cate & Caroline

We took Cate for her first swim today. She didn't LOVE it at first (like I had thought she would, seeing how she LOVES bathtime). However, she got comfortable after a few minutes, and started kicking and flailing at the water. I tried to dunk her a little bit, but someone had their timing off a bit, and she choked up some water and coughed for a few seconds. Better luck next time. Maggie says she (Cate, not Maggie) will be in a swim class at 6 months (per the direction of the YMCA swim coach). We'll have a little mermaid, even if it kills her!

Cate and Caroline have a "moment" together. It was especially nice for us, because Cate hasn't been feeling well today.




Isn't Caroline HYSTERICAL??? I wonder if I should take pictures of what I do behind her back when she isn't looking...


Cate has such a sly smile, don't you think? Everytime we take pictures, we get a smile like this somewhere in the batch.


It's hard to tell, but she is actually getting real hair on the top of her head. She still has that little capuchin monk style in the back of her head (A ring of no-growth), but it's getting LONG in back. She'll be modeling for the hair salon magazines in NO TIME.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jen said...

I can't wait to meet her. I am aiming for mid-October to fly into AZ. Andrea might be there as well.

maggie said...

Caroline is HYSTERICAL.
Today, she was in the laundry room with the door closed. I could hear her talking. She was doing a role play of a "re-organization show" like Trading Spaces.
She's one creative kid.

That would be awesome if Cathryn's Aunts would come for a visit. October is my favorite month in AZ.

We are planning a get away during the kids fall break which is October 9th-13th. Let's talk before definite plans are made.

Andrea said...

Jen just told me that it would probably be a little later in October. More like the 20th.

Hey - aren't we aunts to ALL of the girls?

Cate's smile is terrific and it's nice that she is getting hair. Erin totally had the monk's fringe - bald on top with a ring of hair.

Bruce Penman said...

Whatever, whenever - We aren't going anywhere, so come on out! Bring the whole family! You too, Jen!

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can make it too!! We'll have to see when my surgery date is. May be just that time. Cate will be off to preschool before we meet her, (sniff, sniff) Hope we're invited for Thanksgiving though, it's the first one in a long time that I don't have to cook.

My mom is visiting and she's making me clean out the garage...gotta go.

Talk to you all soon,
Donna and David

Jen said...

I am actually planning for Andrea's birthday. The meeting I was counting on to be in SLC is going to be in Jackson Hole, so no benefit in waiting for the 20th. Soooo, I am going to plan for the weekend of the 14th, which is Friday. How will that go with your plans?