Sunday, August 27, 2006

A WHOLE DAY WITH CATE FOR DADDY!

I got to spend the WHOLE day with Cate. Maggie was working ALL DAY on Velocity stuff, so I "had" to take care of Cate. I even changed my first poopy diaper since her first couple weeks (I have been lucky to have been out of the house every single time until today). I still got it. Cleaned her like a surgeon cleans his hands.

With a scrub brush in a large sink.

But seriously... It was awesome. She is such a good baby. Smiles all day long. Sighs and coo's and yawns and coo's some more. I even made her laugh today. A good laugh. A hearty laugh.

We took a nap together this afternoon. We both needed it. It was a hectic week for the both of us.

Then for dinner, Maggie made chinese food. When I say "made" I mean it like, "She made me go pick it up from the restaurant."

We are drinking coffee that I roasted this morning. Maggie doesn't like it. I do. She says it's bitter. HA! Such an uninformed palate has she. She just doesn't understand the complexities of a good cup of coffee. We are drinking Costa Rican "Reserva San Bosco" for goodness' sake! Perhaps I should grind up some Folgers "crystals" for her. UGH!

2 comments:

maggie said...

Oh my gosh. My husband is a coffee snob. He still exclaims- "It's not bitter" Well, this girls taste buds say it's BITTER.

It's okay hon, it's your first roast. Not bad for the first try.

Jen said...

send me some of your home roast. I'll let you know what MY palate says. Does Cate like it? (trying to keep the topic Cate oriented)